Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 15: Wikis

I did not decide to edit an existing Wiki. Instead, I went to the "examples of wiki use" and reviewed several of them. The one I chose to investigate most closely was Lab Tech Training Wiki. I went through the Wiki titled, "Creating Your First Wiki." There is a lot of information contained in the presentation and I believe I will refer to it again for helpful suggestions.

After reviewing the video on Common Craft Video, I decided the Wiki might be a good way to plan a couple of group projects. One of them involves a trip where three couples are trying to coordinate one plan. This may be the answer as the emails seem to be getting very complicated. For this I believe I will use PBworks. The video made this seem fairly simple although the presentation I referred to in the previous paragraph did have more steps and seemed a little more complicated.

For the second part of the lesson, I was successful in following Eric's directions and I believe that I have added a page to the 23 Things Kansas wiki. While the steps posed a few challenges for me, I believe that in the end I actually succeeded in getting it linked. I hope so!!

No comments:

Post a Comment