Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 12 - Screencasting

As it turns out, this may be one of the most useful lessons. What I decided to do was to create a screencast showing how to put a hold on a book in the library since this is one of the most requested items in the library which most students don't remember how to do. The only challenge now is getting it linked to the library's webpage so it is ready to use next fall. Then I have to figure out how to advertise it so the students get used to going there to look for it. Right now, they prefer to just ask the person working the circulation desk to put the hold on the book for them. However, my goal is to get them to be comfortable with using the online catalog and its capabilities to be more independent.

I am sure the next one I do will be better. It took some time to get the settings right for the audio and to get a video which showed all the keystrokes I wanted them to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment