Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 14: Library Thing, etc.

This may be my favorite personal tool. I have been wanting a way to organize my personal library books, lists I have for books I want to recommend to the students, and a way to keep track of books that I want to read. I have tried several paper methods over the past several years but I keep misplacing some of my "papers." This tool may be the answer. I am sort of intrigued by the idea of looking at other people's recommendations - I am not sure how much I will (would) use that. I decided to go with Goodreads.com at this time. After looking at the three options LibraryThing, Shelfari and Goodreads, I was influenced by Erin's screencast of Goodreads. I am really excited about trying this out and look forward to my experience the next several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment